The Humble King cometh
The EYEWITNESS BIBLE SERIES consists of 165 New Testament and Old Testament video narratives each with its own free downloadable study guide, script, and additional reference materials. Check out the EASTER SERIES starting with Palm Sunday.
There’s something endearing and simple about Jesus, the gracious teacher, choosing the foal of a donkey to make his ‘grand’ entrance into Jerusalem, the City of David, the City of the Great King.
“Imagine…just as he crests the Mount of Olives and comes to a stop. The noise of the crowd washes over and down the west side of the Mount of Olives.
The uproar crashes into the Kidron Valley and onto the east side of the Temple Mount, echoing back to the Mount of Olives. Over an area so large, hundreds of acres with thousands of campfires smoke like pots of incense, fires of sacrifice.
The sun reflects off of the golden Temple, through the smoke of more fires of sacrifice.
Jesus rides down the west side of the Mount of Olives, people throw palm branches on the path in front of him. Some throw their cloaks on the ground. The crowds near Jesus are delirious with joy. Some know and some don’t, but Jesus is fulfilling the prophecies of Isaiah and Zechariah of the King of Israel entering Jerusalem.
And the unridden colt is a critical piece of the prophecy.
The people around the fires in the huge valley look up at Jesus, they see him as their king, their Messiah, they cheer, chant verses from the Scriptures.
“Blessed is he who comes in the name of the Lord.”
“Blessed is the King of Israel.”
“Hosanna to the Son of David.”
But Jesus can be seen crying. Maybe those around him thought he was overcome with the welcome, but if you were close enough to hear the few tearful words…it is a lament over Jerusalem.”
What can you do with the Eyewitness Bible Series at your church?
- Download and run it as is in your church service or cut down the videos as sermon openers.
- Use any part of the videos as a sermon illustration in your service.
- Share the videos for personal or small group study
- Use the scripts (and original music) as a small group or Sunday School acting (lots of Youth Pastors have been using this method to better connect with youth and get them involved).
- Feel free to use in the Online Live Stream services or even share through your website or social media.
- There’s almost nothing you’re restricted from using the videos with exception of ;
- Unfortunately, the contracts with the actors don’t allow for the videos to be run on Broadcast TV.
- No one can use the artwork or videos to sell any products or services–but your church can use it to promote your church or any outreach you’re doing!
As of December 2020, EBS is also available on your YouVersion app and through RightNow Media with more outlets coming! If you’re interested in donating to help create more amazing videos, CLICK here.
sermon.net is a production & distribution partner for the Eyewitness Bible Series.
All videos, studies, audio, scripts, and other materials are provided free of charge to everyone for the specific purpose of biblical education and literacy.
If these resources have been a blessing to you, any size donation to help offset the future production costs as well as ongoing marketing & outreach, are appreciated.