Freedom From the Weight of the Law
Lois, the grandmother of Timothy, shares what Paul’s message of faith meant to the early church.
Lois, the grandmother of Timothy, is only mentioned once in the Bible. Timothy, Lois, and Eunice were from Lystra, a town located in the Roman province of Galatia. In this episode from Eyewitness Bible Series, Lois focuses on the truth found in Galatians 3-6.
The Apostle Paul taught that Christians did not have to follow the Laws of Moses, but some persuasive false teachers taught otherwise. Galatians 3 becomes a major theme for him: the righteous live by faith, not by following the Laws of Moses. Moving forward, he concludes that those who believe in Christ are adopted children of God.
This is just 1 of 140 ‘eyewitness’ accounts from the genre-busting EYEWITNESS BIBLE SERIES.
What can you do with the Eyewitness Bible Series at your church?
- Download and run it ‘as is’ in your church service or cut down the videos as sermon openers.
- Use any part of the videos as a sermon illustration in your service.
- Share the videos for personal or small group study
- Use the scripts (and original music) as a small group or Sunday School acting (lots of Youth Pastors have been using this method to better connect with youth and get them involved).
- Feel free to use in the Online Live Stream services or even share through your website or social media.
There’s almost nothing you’re restricted from using the videos with exception of ;
- Unfortunately, the contracts with the actors don’t allow for the videos to be run on Broadcast TV.
- No one can use the artwork or videos to sell any products or services–but your church can use it to promote your church or any outreach you’re doing!
EBS is also NOW available on your YouVersion app and through RightNow Media with more outlets coming! If you’re interested in donating to help create more amazing videos, CLICK here.
sermon.net is a production & distribution partner for the Eyewitness Bible Series.
All videos, studies, audio, scripts, and other materials are provided free of charge to everyone for the specific purpose of biblical education and literacy.
If these resources have been a blessing to you, any size donation to help offset the future production costs as well as ongoing marketing & outreach, are appreciated.
All gifts are tax-deductible and processed through Pure Charity on behalf of sermon.net, a digital ministry of Catalyst Missions Group.- CLICK here to donate.