1 John – The Book of Love
This story is among 165 ‘eyewitness’ accounts from the genre-busting EYEWITNESS BIBLE SERIES.
First John’s theme of Love is best shared by the woman who knew Jesus first.
Mary, the mother of Jesus, starts this narrative with an amazing first hand account of the Crucifixion. However, she shares the Crucifixion not as a sad recollection of a mother who has witnessed the horrific torture and death of the her son, but she uses it to set the stage for her telling of why her ‘new’ son, John, became known as the disciple of Love in his revealing of the Love of God.
Tucked into the end of the Bible are 3 little books from the Apostle John and the first one, 1st John, is the Crown Jewel on this teaching of Love.
As important as it is to love each other, it is equally as important not to love the world or things of the world. From the world comes the craving for physical pleasure, a craving for everything we see, and pride in our achievements and possessions.
These things will pass away, but whoever follows God’s will… lives forever.
What can you do with the Eyewitness Bible Series at your church?
- Download and run it ‘as is’ in your church service or cut down the videos as sermon openers.
- Use any part of the videos as a sermon illustration in your service.
- Share the videos for personal or small group study
- Use the scripts (and original music) as a small group or Sunday School acting (lots of Youth Pastors have been using this method to better connect with youth and get them involved).
- Feel free to use in the Online Live Stream services or even share through your website or social media.
There’s almost nothing you’re restricted from using the videos with exception of ;
- Unfortunately, the contracts with the actors don’t allow for the videos to be run on Broadcast TV.
- No one can use the artwork or videos to sell any products or services–but your church can use it to promote your church or any outreach you’re doing!
EBS is also NOW available on your YouVersion app and through RightNow Media with more outlets coming! If you’re interested in donating to help create more amazing videos, CLICK here.
sermon.net is a production & distribution partner for the Eyewitness Bible Series.
All videos, studies, audio, scripts, and other materials are provided free of charge to everyone for the specific purpose of biblical education and literacy.
If these resources have been a blessing to you, any size donation to help offset the future production costs as well as ongoing marketing & outreach, are appreciated.
All gifts are tax-deductible and processed through Pure Charity on behalf of sermon.net, a digital ministry of Catalyst Missions Group.- CLICK here to donate.